EXTENDED INFORMATION NOTE ABOUT COOKIES (JUNE, 1ST 2015)
Foreword: what are cookies and what are they for?
A cookie is a small text file that might be stored in your computer’s hard drive (or other internet enabled devices, such as a smartphone or tablet) by the server of the site you are visiting. A cookie will usually contain pieces of information such as the name of the website from which the cookie has come from and the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e. how long it will remain on your device). Cookies are used to make surfing on the web easier for you since they may be read and retrieved by the server that installed it whenever you access the website. What actually happens when you visit an online shop for the first time is that the site’s server sends a file to your computer, which installs itself automatically on the disk. Thanks to this cookie, you will be recognised the next time you visit the same site and you won’t have to enter all your details again because the website “remembers” your actions and preferences over time, and this will allow you to make a purchase, to process authentication and access restricted areas or to monitor sessions more easily.
According the Italian Cookie Law, there are two primary types of cookies: First-party Cookies and Third-party Cookies. Third-party cookies are placed on a user’s hard disk by a website from a domain other than the one the user is visiting. They are typically used to store surfing and personalization preferences and tracking information. They do not require prior user consent.
First-party cookies are installed by the website publisher and are saved under the same domain/subdomain as the website itself. First-party cookies can be divided in two groups:
● Technical cookies: do not require prior user consent, except for the obligation for the site owner to provide appropriate information. Basically all cookies needed to show your website correctly: session cookies, analytics cookies, functionality cookies.
● Profiling cookies: prior user consent is required and appropriate information on the use of the same. Such persistent and permanent cookies are used to monitor users while browsing within the site for the purpose of sending marketing messages and/or offering services in line with the users’ preferences.
The website www.vietnamour.com owned by La Botega del Sole S.r.l. uses both technical and profiling cookies: they may be installed directly by La Botega del Sole S.r.l. (first-party cookies) or by other domains through the website www.vietnamour.com (third-party cookies). As regards first-party cookies, La Botega del Sole S.r.l. accepts all obligations of informing users and asking their consent; while for third-party cookies La Botega del Sole S.r.l. must identify the third parties that can install cookies through the website www.vietnamour.com; in addition to this must describe the purpose of each cookie and provide links to third parties privacy policies and consent forms. The indicated third-parties will be then in charge of managing the user’s preferences in relation to each cookie installed through the website www.vietnamour.com.
How to clear, enable and manage cookies on www.vietnamour.com:
1. On your first visit to the website www.vietnamour.com you can accept all cookies by carrying out one of the following actions:
a) close the cookie banner by clicking on the X or on the “ok” button;
b) access the site through another page or click on any item (image or link) of the page outside the cookie banner.
Warning: if you do not deny your consent by ticking the box of the consent form and exit the extended information note by closing the window and by continuing to browse the site, you in fact accept all cookies as indicated in the footnote of the window;
4. In any case, you can manage cookies by changing your browser settings as indicated below:
Internet Explorer 11
1. Select the Tools button (key combination ALT + X)
2. Select Internet options.
3. Select the Privacy tab, and under Settings, select Advanced and choose if you want to allow, block or be prompted for first and third party cookies.
1. On your computer, open Chrome.
2. At the top right, click More Settings.
3. At the bottom, click Show advanced settings.
4. In the “Privacy” section, click Content settings.
5. Under “Cookies,” select if you choose to allow or block cookies and site data.
6. At the bottom right, click Done.
1. Click the menu button and choose Options.
2. Select the Privacy panel.
3. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history.
4. Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
1. Click on Preferences from the menu Tools (key combination CTRL+,).
2. Select Privacy.
Cookies (or other markers) used by the www.vietnamour.com site
TECHNICAL COOKIES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE USER CONSENT
Cookie Name / Service Provider / Cookie purpose
JSESSIONID / Botega del Sole S.r.l. / Saves user session data
_uca_ / Botega del Sole S.r.l. / Provides evidence of user consent by carrying out one of the actions described in the banner and in the extended information note. It also recognizes the user at second access to site so the banner doesn’t pop up again.
userCookie / Botega del Sole S.r.l. / Stores basket data
_personas_newsletter_ / Botega del Sole S.r.l. / Stores and profiles the user’s status to show help or action messages.
PROFILING COOKIE THAT REQUIRE USER CONSENT
1. First-party profiling cookies used directly by La Botega del Sole S.r.l.
La Botega del Sole S.r.l. does not use direct profiling cookies yet the website www.vietnamour.com uses a tracking tool called “module prudsys RDE” made available by a third party, Prudsys AG, which interacts in real time with the user that browses the site anonymously (i.e. without prior login), thus allowing La Botega del Sole S.r.l. to show products in line with the user’s browsing behaviour. Such tracking tool is active only for the browsing session (i.e. until the user shuts down the browser’s page) and does not involve the acquisition of any data (e.g. IP address user) by the third party who owns the tracking tool.
2. Third-party profiling cookies
Google Analytics (Google Inc.) / Allows aggregated anonymous data collection on how the website is used and allows us to improve site operations. http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Google Analytics / Opt-out Browser Add-on (Google Analytics disabling page) / https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Google Adwords (Google Inc.) / Allows to keep track of ads conversions: Google adds a cookie to a user’s computer when that user clicks on an ad. This cookie lasts 30 days and does not collect or monitor information that can identify the user. / http://www.google.it/intl/it/policies/technologies/ads/
SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE COOKIES
Facebook Social Plugins / (Facebook Inc) / Our Website uses several social networking site plugins. Through them you can express appreciation for our site content or visit our social network account pages / https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
Instagram (Facebook Inc) / Our Website uses several social networking site plugins. Through them you can express appreciation for our site content or visit our social network account pages / https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy
Information provided by La Botega del Sole S.r.l. in accordance with art. 13 of the Personal Data Protection Code.
As regards the data collected by the cookies/markers directly used by the site manager, La Botega del Sole S.r.l., acting as data collector, specifies what follows:
– the data are collected only for the purposes and for the duration indicated in the tables above;
– As regards technical cookies, no authorization is required for the use of such cookies since they allow the correct functioning of the site and the user’s browsing experience by saving preferences. If the user removes technical cookies, browsing the site may become difficult or even impossible.
– Data collected by first-party cookies/markers may be communicated to subjects acting as data processor and person in charge of the processing on behalf of La Botega del Sole S.r.l. for purposes related to those described above. The list of such subjects is available from the owner.
Finally, with regard to third-party cookies, the purpose of such cookies, the logic underlying the data processing and the management of the user’s preferences it is recalled that they are not determined by La Botega del Sole S.r.l. but by the third party providing them, as indicated in the table above. However, in accordance with the intersocietal guidelines made public on May 5, 2015 by DMA Italia, Fedoweb, IAB Italia, Netcomm and UPA (read here), even when a valid consent from the user to the installation of first-party and third-party cookies is registered, nonetheless La Botega del Sole S.r.l. commits to giving technical support on how to express selective consent about cookies to users who request it by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.